Disability Action Group
Our Disability Action Group (DAG), which represents all areas of the business, is the primary vehicle for discussing ideas and co-ordinating activity in the important area of disability. This includes work on the following areas:
- Guest Feedback – We want to know what you think and you can do this by contacting us by selecting here
- Employee Training – Awareness training has been developed with external partners and is regularly reviewed
- Equipment – Most of our screens have the facility to provide Audio Description soundtracks (via special headset) which describes what is happening on the screen. Each week we also have special subtitled performances of newly released films.
- Cinema Audits – Working with external partners we have carried out audits of our cinemas to help us understand how we may improve services for all our guest.
- Companion Policy – Working with other cinema exhibitors on a consistent, best practice-approach we have agreed upon a companion policy to ensure that guests who require someone to be present with them through-out their visit to the cinema are not disadvantaged. To facilitate this process, the CEA Companion Card is available through this link (opens in a new window). Although this is a UK scheme, guests in the ROI can still apply for the card.
- Website development – We have involved external experts in the creation of our new ODEON website
- Communication – This is really important to us and we hold regular meetings on disability issues and communicate to our employees on key issues through our weekly internal Bulletin.