ODEON PRIVACY AND COOKIE STATEMENT
ODEON PRIVACY AND COOKIE STATEMENT (REPUBLIC OF IRELAND)
PART A - INTRODUCTION
About ODEON / Definitions
1. United Cinemas International (Ireland) Limited, Waterwhite Projections Limited, Storm Cinemas (Waterford) Limited, Kilcin Limited, First Class Productions Limited, First Class Cinemas Limited, Castletroy Cinemas Limited, Ashbourne Cinemas Limited, and Point Pictures Limited are members of a group of companies that provide entertainment services in the Republic of Ireland (please refer to the "Privacy and Legal" page on the Website for full company information for these companies). "ODEON / we / our / us" means the companies listed in the previous sentence plus their Irish subsidiary and holding companies and the subsidiaries of such holding companies. "Guest Services" means our Guest Services facility (visit the Website "Contact Us" page for up to date contact details). "Mobile Apps" means any Republic of Ireland ODEON mobile website, iPhone app and any other similar applications developed for different operating systems as may be made available from time to time. "Privacy Statement" means this Privacy and Cookie Statement. "ODEON Social Media" means the parts of social media provided by third parties (such as Facebook) through which ODEON provides services directed at users in the Republic of Ireland such as information, applications, and similar activities. “ODEON Wi-Fi” means the wireless internet access provided by ODEON at its cinemas in the Republic of Ireland. "Website" means our website at www.odeoncinemas.ie.
Your consent to this Privacy Statement
2. We have written this Privacy Statement to help you understand how ODEON may collect and use your personal information, and to inform you about the choices you can make about your personal information. This Privacy Statement contains important information about how we handle the information we collect from you: please read it carefully. If you are reading this Privacy Statement online, please print or save a copy for your records.
3. By accessing, using or registering on the Website or ODEON Social Media, downloading, using or registering on a Mobile App, contacting Guest Services, using ODEON Wi-Fi or applying for, signing, using or registering an ODEON Première Club card, Limitless card and/or stored value card, you accept this Privacy Statement.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
4. ODEON reserves the right to add to or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the Website, Mobile App and ODEON Social Media. Please check the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media "Privacy & Legal" section regularly for changes. If you access, use or register on the Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Wi-Fi or ODEON Social Media, use Guest Services or use or register your ODEON Première Club card / Limitless card / stored value card after any amendment to this Privacy Statement, you agree to be bound by the updated version of this Privacy Statement. Unless otherwise stated, our current Privacy Statement applies to all the personal information we have about you. If you have already given us personal information, we will not materially change our Privacy Statement to make it less protective of privacy without obtaining consent from affected customers.
PART B - INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
5. ODEON may collect and process information about you as set out in this Part B.
Making a purchase / joining ODEON Première Club / Joining Limitless
6.If you make a purchase via the Website or Mobile Apps, ODEON will collect the information we need to fulfil your order and notify you of the status of your order. If you apply to join ODEON Première Club or Limitless, ODEON will collect the information we need to open, administer and run your account and to deal with any enquiries you may have about it.
Registering your details with ODEON
7. You may choose to register your details with ODEON anytime online using the "Register" section of the Website or by completing the ODEON Wi-Fi registration process.
8. If you want to use your ODEON Première Club card to earn and redeem ODEON points, you must register with us as an ODEON Première Club member.
9. In each case, the registration process will set out the minimum information you need to provide (in the form of mandatory fields) and you may provide us with other information if you chose.
10. You must be over 16 to register with ODEON via the Website. You do not need to be 16 or over to register with ODEON via ODEON Wi-Fi - see Part D, below, for more information about this.
11. You will also need to register with us if you want to post content on the Website (e.g. film reviews)
Competitions / Surveys / Correspondence
12. ODEON may obtain information from you when you enter a competition or promotion on the Website, Mobile App or ODEON Social Media. From time to time, we may contact you by email, to ask you to participate in a user survey. Participation in surveys is completely voluntary. If you contact us for any reason (e.g. to report a fault on the Website) we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Sensitive personal information
13. Please note that ODEON may collect sensitive personal information from you in the course of providing goods and/or services to you (in particular, information as to whether you have a disability).
Using our services / Information emails from ODEON
14. ODEON may collect information about your use of our services (including your purchases from us, and your use of ODEON Premiere Club, Limitless, the Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media and ODEON Wi-Fi). We may also collect information about information emails we send to you and how you respond to them. See Part C, below, for more details about this.
PART C - COOKIES / WEB BEACONS / THIRD PARTY LINKS
15. ODEON uses information collected using cookies and web beacons to help us analyse, develop, manage and market our goods and services, and our communications to you.
16. A "cookie" is a small piece of information placed on your device's hard drive via your web browser. "Session cookies" are temporary cookies which remain on the cookie file of your browser until you leave a website. "Persistent cookies" remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). The "help" button on the menu bar of most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser tell you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies. More information about cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
17. A web beacon is a tiny transparent graphic image, often no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an e-mail and used to collect information, often in conjunction with a cookie.
18. ODEON uses session cookies on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media to enhance our visitors' experience of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media, and to provide certain facilities on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media. For example, session cookies allow you to carry information across pages of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media when booking a ticket, and avoid you having to re-enter information. We use session cookies to collect information about your device including its IP address (a unique identifier of your device), operating system and browser type. This helps us ensure that content from the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device. We also collect information about browsing actions and patterns.
19. We may ask you whether you wish us to provide certain facilities which require the use of a persistent cookie. For example, if you want us to recognise your device and pre-fill some of your log in details to save you time, we use a persistent cookie to do this.
20. If you choose to disable ODEON cookies you will still be able to view the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media, but you may not benefit from all the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media features on your visits.
Third party cookies
21. Most advertisements on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media are ODEON advertisements. However we may feature external advertiser campaigns from time to time. Please note that if you view or click on these, your device may receive a third party cookie (e.g. so that the advertiser can measure the performance of their advertisements on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media).
22. ODEON may ask or allow third parties to collect statistical data about the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media (e.g. for evaluating usage of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage), and this may involve the use of a third party cookie. ODEON does not control these third party cookies.
24. If you are using Mobile Apps then certain functionality requires location data from your device to work e.g. find my nearest cinema. If you do not want the Mobile Apps to use your location data please change your settings on your device: some Mobile Apps ask you if you want to do this when you download them e.g. iPhone apps or depending on your device others may ask you when you access them e.g. the ODEON mobile website. If you change your mind and want to opt out later you will need to change the settings on your Mobile App. Please see the relevant help sections for your device.
25. The Mobile Apps use "remember me" functionality so that when you use a Mobile App it remembers your details which are held on your device. This means you do not need to login if you are an ODEON Première Club member each time you access a Mobile App or insert your details if you have bought tickets from us before via the Mobile App. If you do not want ODEON to use this functionality please alter your settings on your device for the Mobile App. If you are not sure how to do this please refer to the help section on your device.
ODEON Social Media
27. ODEON Social Media may allow you to see your friend's details and contact them. An example of this would be our Event Planner within Facebook. Where this is the case, this function is provided by the social media site provider and not ODEON. ODEON does not hold your friend's details and any messages you send to friends via ODEON Social Media use the relevant social media's functionality and are not sent from ODEON.
Web beacons on the Website, Mobile App and in ODEON's information emails
28. The Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media and information emails from ODEON may contain web beacons, and we use them in conjunction with ODEON cookies and third party cookies to collect information. For example, ODEON may use web beacons to do the following: count the number of visitors to the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media; establish levels of interest in particular items or aspects of the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media; or particular products and services available on the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media; determine whether you have acted on an email or clicked on a link (e.g. where this is a condition of entering a competition); compile aggregated statistics on how successful a specific marketing campaign or a competition has been; assess whether advertisements or competitions result in purchases being made; and/or understand how popular a particular film or screening is, and how interest levels vary between particular ODEON cinemas.
29. Web beacons do not store additional information on your device but, by communicating with cookies on your device, they can provide us with personal information (e.g. when you have opened an information email from us). If you object to web beacons, we recommend you follow the instructions for deleting and disabling cookies set out above.
Third party links
30. The Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media may contain links to websites which are not controlled by ODEON. This might include a link in a third party advertisement. The fact that the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media provides links to any such website does not mean that ODEON endorses that website or any of the services or products it offers. We are not agents for any such websites or advertisers and we are not authorised to make representations on their behalf (unless explicitly stated). ODEON is not responsible for the privacy practices of any such websites. You provide personal information to such websites at your own risk, and you should check their privacy policies.
32. When you use ODEON Wi-Fi we may collect data about:
a) your device;
b) the volume of data which you use;
c) the websites and applications which you access; and
d) your usage by access time, frequency and location.
PART D - USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Making a purchase /joining ODEON Première Club / joining Limitless
33. If you make a purchase, ODEON will use your information to fulfil your order and notify you of the status of your order, which will usually include sending you a booking or purchase confirmation email. If you apply to join the ODEON Première Club or Limitless, ODEON will use your information to open, administer and run your account and to deal with any enquiries you may have about it.
34. Where you make a purchase by credit/debit card via the Website or Mobile apps, Bookit will use the purchase information you submit to process your credit/debit card transaction on ODEON’s behalf. If you join ODEON Limitless, Harlands Services Limited may process some of your payments on ODEON’s behalf.
Registering with ODEON
35. If you register your details with us via our Website or ODEON Wi-Fi, or you register as an ODEON Première Club member, or you become a Limitless member, we will use the details you have given us, together with details of how you use the Website, Mobile Apps or ODEON Social Media, details of information emails we send to you and how you respond to them, and details of your purchasing behaviour with ODEON, as follows:
a) to manage and improve our goods and services, the Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media, Guest Services, our cinemas, the ODEON Première Club and/or our stored value cards;
b) to notify you of changes to our goods and services, the Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media, Guest Services, our cinemas, the ODEON Première Club and/or our stored value cards, our Privacy Statement and/or any of our terms and conditions;
c) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ODEON;
d) to understand what you buy from us and how you use our services;
e) if applicable, to provide you with information emails as set out in this Privacy Statement;
f) to manage and improve the advertising of our goods and services via third parties (including advertising on social media); and
g) to build up a picture of your personal preferences, and generally how you use the Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media and so allow us to customise your visits to our Website, Mobile Apps and ODEON Social Media and any information emails we send to you.
Information emails from ODEON
36. If you have registered with ODEON through the Website, you can ask us to send you information emails about film times and/or emails with film & cinema news, competitions & special offers, and information about ODEON products and services. We will also send you information emails if you have consented to this when booking a ticket or joining the ODEON Première Club on the Website, or a Mobile App. If you have registered with ODEON via ODEON Wi-Fi and are 16 or over we will send you emails with information about film & cinema news, competitions & special offers, and information about ODEON products and services unless you have previously expressed a preference not to receive such emails. When you register with ODEON via ODEON Wi-Fi, we will ask for your date of birth to ensure that we only send you information emails about age appropriate films. If you are under 16 years old we will not send you any information emails. For Limitless members, we will send you emails about similar ODEON products and services such as films & cinema news, promotions, our loyalty schemes, and competitions & special offers, unless you asked us not to do this during the sign up process.
37. Information emails will only come from ODEON. They may involve carefully selected partners from time to time, but we will not pass your data to any third party for direct marketing. Where we provide you with news and offers of organisations outside ODEON, we do not give them your details.
38. For most information emails from ODEON, you can change your mind at any time about which information emails you receive by logging into the Website and amending your details. Every information email from ODEON will contain details of how you can unsubscribe, and you can always contact us to unsubscribe using the methods set out at paragraphs 50 to 52 below.
39. Please note that if you indicate to us that you prefer not to receive information emails, and then opt in to receive them at a later date (or vice versa), we will take the latest indication as the confirmation as to whether you want to receive information emails from us. This does not apply if you register with us via ODEON Wi-Fi, as we will continue to honour your existing information email preferences.
40. Survey information will be used for the purposes of understanding customer trends, monitoring or improving our services and, sometimes, to contact you with news and offers.
Sensitive personal information
41. If you provide us with sensitive personal information such as that relating to a disability we will use this for the purpose of providing you with access to our goods and services.
42. We will use the data we collect when you use ODEON Wi-Fi in order to capture general trends in wi-fi usage amongst our customers and to monitor and improve the ODEON Wi-Fi service. We may also match the data we collect with other data that we hold about you in order to build up a picture of your personal preferences and understand how you use ODEON’s goods and services.
PART E - HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
43. We may pass your personal information to the following third parties: (a) our advisers in order for them to provide us with advice; and (b) other companies and individuals in order for them to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. developing, maintaining and analysing customer databases; creating, sending out and analysing customer communications; administering competitions; developing, maintaining and analysing the Website, Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media, ODEON Wi-Fi, and operating Guest Services and providing customer services, and operating our ODEON Première Club and Limitless schemes). We will only transfer your personal information on the understanding that the third party has undertaken to us that they have in place adequate technical and organisational measures to protect that information, will not pass it on to any other party (without our explicit consent and only with valid grounds), and will not use it for any purpose other than to provide us with advice or perform the function specified on our behalf.
44. We reserve the right to release personal information without your consent or without consulting you, when we believe that this is appropriate to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our terms and conditions or other legal rights, to protect the security of the Website. Mobile Apps, ODEON Social Media ODEON Wi-Fi and Guest Services, to prevent fraud, or otherwise to protect the legitimate interests of ODEON and/or its customers.
45. From time to time we may share anonymous information about customers with third parties such as advertisers, business partners and sponsors, to help us and them analyse, develop, manage and market our goods and services. This information will be shared in a way that ensures that your identity is not revealed.
46. If ODEON or any part of ODEON's business is restructured, sold to or integrated with another business, we may transfer customer information (including your personal information) to other ODEON group companies or the new owners, as the case may be. Where ODEON operates a cinema business under a commercial arrangement with a third party, such as a cinema management agreement or a concession agreement, we may at the end of that commercial arrangement transfer customer information relevant to that cinema business (which may include your personal information) to that third party. In each case, the transferred information is to be used by the new holder of the information and its group of companies in the same ways as set out in this Privacy Statement, including providing you with any information services you receive from ODEON.
PART F - OTHER
47. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, and any transmission is at your own risk. We follow strict security procedures (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss. We store information you provide to us on secure servers, and payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. We take appropriate measures to ensure that information disclosed to us is kept accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area
48. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, amongst other things, fulfilment of your order, provision of support or administration services, analysis of statistical data, or other functions as set out in this Privacy Statement. By submitting your information you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps necessary to ensure your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
User names and passwords
49. If you choose or are provided with, a user name, user identification code, password, security question & answer, verification number or any other piece of security information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your security information you must inform us immediately. We have the right to disable any account and/or registration with us at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with your obligation to keep your security information secure.
Updating and accessing your personal information / Contacting us
50. If you want to modify or update your registered details at any time, you can do this by logging in to the Website. Alternatively, you may inform us by any of the methods set out at paragraph 52 below of any changes in your personal information or preferences, and we will update or modify your personal information accordingly.
51. You have a right upon written request and payment of a fee in accordance with our standard fee rate, to have a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
52. You can contact us with any queries or requests concerning your personal information and/or this Privacy Statement in the following ways: contact us via the "Contact Us" pages on the Website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Guest Services, ODEON Blanchardstown, Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose information to you.
© 2012 - 2016 United Cinemas International (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved. Version 1.5 dated February 2016.